As part of the National Center for State Courts, Joint Technology Committee’s (JTC’s) NextGen Court Technology Standards initiative, MTG recently launched an outreach effort that engages technology providers to the courts. That outreach includes a survey that will be used to accomplish the following:
- Validate and refine the draft list of components.
- Inform the next steps in the Next-Generation Technology Standards initiative.
- Build an industry directory that is organized using a shared taxonomy.
If you are a technology provider to the courts and have not received or taken this survey yet, please do so. You can access the survey here. By participating, you will have the opportunity to weigh in and help shape this important initiative.
One of the thoughts behind the outreach is to solicit guidance relative to each of the following questions:
- What components apply, and which are relevant to the providers and the consumers of court technology?
- Which components are currently in the greatest demand, and which are available?
- Which components may benefit most quickly from new investment into standards development so that components will talk to each other?
To help answer these questions, the outreach is planned to expand to the courts in the near future.